Monday, December 23, 2013

Hiatus

If you're one of a few who checks in here from time to time, I thank you. I'm sorry my posts have been non-existent lately. I'm in a period of flux lately, which I believe to be a very good thing. The big reason for this is my studies at The Robert E. Webber Institute for Worship Studies. As you may know, I earned my Master of Worship Studies (MWS) degree here a couple years ago. I'm now pursuing my Doctor of Worship Studies (DWS) and should finish up by the end of 2015.

It's been an amazing journey. Eye-opening. Heart-opening. I feel more passionate about worship than ever, and I believe that I am right where God wants me to be: serving Him, serving the artists around me, and slowly changing the conversation about worship that I see and hear around me, especially in the evangelical Church of America.

If you know me, you know I'm a thinker. I tend to retreat and process, sometimes for long periods of time. You can imagine, then, what doctoral work has done to me. I am processing. Thinking. 

I'll be back soon.

No comments: